Skip to main content

Sezim - Beautiful And Soulful

"Feeling... not even the sea could rival its depth..
Time... will our moment ever come?" 

What a beautiful melody, composed by Dimash, carrying emotions that feel far greater than words could ever express.   

I have always loved to write.  Over the years, I have written countless lines - thoughts, feelings, fragments of stories, little pieces of my soul.  

Yet most of them remain hidden.

I keep them to myself, because some words are simply too precious to expose to eyes that might not understand what they hold.  Behind every sentence is an emotion, a memory, a truth.  And when something so deeply personal is met with an unkind word, it can feel like a knife striking the soul.

Perhaps that is why I have such profound admiration for artists who dare to share what lives inside them.

They take the most vulnerable parts of themselves - their thoughts, their dreams, their fears, their longing - and transform them into something others can see, hear and feel.

They give birth to something that once existed only within them, and then, with astonishing courage, they release it into the world.

Their songs, their paintings, their poems, their stories....

Their souls' children.

How brave they are to let those children leave the safety of their hearts and walk into a world where they may be misunderstood and even wounded.

And yet they continue to create.

Perhaps that is the true courage of an artist - not merely to create something beautiful, but to have the bravery to let others see their soul bare and unshielded. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Behind 'Daididau' The Poem and Folk Song

While on the Internet, I found an article about the story behind 'Daididau' and it's the most 'complete' I've found so far.  It makes for very interesting reading.  Daididau : From Obscure Poem to Worldwide Hit https://medium.com/illumination/daididau-from-obscure-poem-to-worldwide-hit-b25e2ea74dd9 Excerpt : "A Silenced Poet It begins like a fairytale: Once upon a time there was a poet who was very much in love with his wife. Her name was Zuleikha Kurmanbaykizi, and his nickname for her was “Daididau.” Distant cousins and teenage sweethearts, they had been married off to other people by their parents, as was customary in their day. Only after they both became widowed at a young age were they able to build a life together. This young poet, Magzhan Zhumabayev, dearly loved his homeland.  At the time of his birth in 1893, Kazakhstan was being ruled by the Russian Czar .... The Kazakh people, however, aspired to self-governance." In the article, the writer...

Dimash's New Song : I Miss You (Я скучаю по тебе)

Dimash's latest song premiered on his YouTube channel on 5 December 2020 and what a beauty of a song it is.  Simple lyrics and gentle melody but interpreted by the inimitable Dimash Kudaibergen! Song lyrics for 'I Miss You' Music by Igor Krutoy Russian lyrics by Igor Nikolaev ⭐English Translation (Thank you, Google and a kind dear) On the sunset shore is the place of our meeting, and a flock of birds is circling over the shore. It’s like the first time I’m standing here on the beach, but I don’t know. Where are you, who are you with? I miss you, your eyes and your smile. And here, for evil fate, I will come again to wait for our meeting. For someone it is so easy, for me it is so difficult to start my life from scratch. I can't do that. Here on the shore, believing and loving, I will wait for you. Where are you, who are you with? I miss you, your eyes and your smile. And here, in spite of fate, I will come again to wait for our meeting. Our meeting place is on the sunse...

'Shine Super Brothers S2' Program : Dimash & His Bros

When we first heard about the 'Shine Super Brothers S2' program, we weren't sure what it was.  Surely it wasn't another version of 'The Singer' for such formats were no longer approved under current Chinese government protocols.  Some said it was a competition with eliminations... others said it was just a program with artists living together and working on tasks together.  Yet other said it was a reality show where artists were put in a house together and then their daily interactions were observed.  It turned out that all these descriptions were correct, in a manner of speaking. Dears waited to see what would happen.   Well, I am not sure what others experienced but I found out fast that I had to follow the Youku YouTube channel (my phone couldn't handle yet another app), the 'Shine Super Brothers' official Weibo account and random Chinese dears' Instagram accounts because they were literally on-site and would share photos and videos of their s...