Gorgeous photo of Dimash, isn't this?
It's a old one from 2023. Source : Dimash Studio
We all know it is a photo that has been edited in Photoshop (or any other image editor). But Dimash probably was styled and made up to within an inch of his life before any camera lens was even lifted up. So it's still him.
From the first days I started following Dimash, I had already seen comments about how beautiful he was, how unreal even... dears came back from concerts rhapsodising over his luminous skin and how much more good-looking he was in person. I myself have had the chance to stand next to him. Yes, he is what others have said... although I suspect we are more affected by the force and energy of his personality and aura. Especially if we see him right after a show.
When I first saw his Dimensions concert promo images, I thought wow, great visuals. But then I started seeing some comments, declaring the visuals were AI.
So I took a closer look ... aaand no, they weren't AI.
But just to make sure, I sent the images to a graphic designer (university trained) and asked her. She said they were real photos that had been edited in Photoshop.
It is honestly a little sad to see how quick some people are now to declare that something is AI-generated simply because an image looks polished, dramatic, or somehow too perfect.
Dimash’s concert poster is a real photograph. Yes, it has been edited and enhanced in Photoshop — but that is not the same thing as being AI-generated. Photography and graphic design have always involved editing: adjusting lighting, colour, contrast, composition, backgrounds, skin tones, textures, and countless other elements.
Concert posters are marketing materials, not untouched documentary photographs. They are designed to create an atmosphere, communicate an artistic concept and make people want to experience the concert. And honestly, isn't that what we should expect?
A concert campaign is not simply a matter of taking a photograph and posting it exactly as it came out of the camera. Designers and photographers work together to create a visual identity that reflects the artist, the music and the concept of the show.
Perhaps we should pause before reaching for the words 'AI!' or 'fake!' whenever we see an image that has clearly been creatively edited. Not every unusual detail, polished image or Photoshop edit is AI. Sometimes, an image is simply a photograph that has been professionally designed into a piece of promotional art.
And in Dimash’s case, perhaps we can appreciate the artistry behind the entire visual concept instead of immediately trying to discredit it. We don't have to like every creative choice. We can question, discuss and even criticise it. But perhaps we should first make sure we know what we are actually looking at. ❤️
By the way, I think Dimash creates some incredibly gorgeous photos ... unreal, out-of-this-world, unearthly ☺️
Comments
Post a Comment
Any comments? Spam & negativity will be removed.